Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hasil Adkins - Out to Hunch


Recently been fascinated with this one quite a bit. Released back in 1955, this album is so far ahead of its time it's ridiculous. Lo-fi cracked-out, psychotic rock tunes that sometimes veer into blues territory, and often veer into experimental noise-like territory. I can't even begin to imagine what I'd think if I head this record in 1955. Songs range from catchy and fun (She Said, Chicken Walk) to depressing (I'm Happy) to disturbing (No More Hot Dogs). Probably the most notable track here is "I Need Your Head." It's pretty much the first screwed song ever and undoubtedly one of the most evil, disturbing tracks I've come across, consisting of a slowed down recording of a murderer's rant over atonal no-waveish guitar.

this aint no rock n roll show

No comments:

Post a Comment